Oral communications and posters
- Ph.D. obtained in 2010 in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology at the University of Sassari, IT
- Master degree (5-years course) obtained in 2005 in Biology at the University of Sassari, IT, evaluation 110/110 summa cum laude
- 2016 - Until now Founder and Officer at Kitos biotech srls.
- 2014 - 2015 Visiting researcher at the Institute of Predictive and Personalized Medicine of Cancer (IMPPC), Barcelona, ES.
- 2010 - 2016 Postdoctoral Investigator at the University of Sassari, IT.
- 2008 - 2010 Visiting scholarship in cancer biology at the College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, US.
- 2010-2012 Awarded of "Young Independent Researcher" fellowship by Regione Sardegna.
- 2009-2010 Awarded of "Master and Back" fellowship by Regione Sardegna for a visiting scholarship at the College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, US.
- Sanna L, Marchesi I, Melone MAB, Bagella L. The role of enhancer of zeste homolog 2: From viral epigenetics to the carcinogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Journal of Cellular Physiology, Mar 25, 2018 [Epub ahead of print].
- Fiorentino FP, Bagella L, Marchesi I. A New Parameter of Growth Inhibition for Cell Proliferation Assays. Journal of Cellular Physiology, 233(5):4106-41152018, 2018.
- Marchesi I, Sanna L, Fais M, Fiorentino FP, Giordano A, Bagella L. 12-O-Tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate and EZH2 inhibition: a novel approach for promoting myogenic differentiation in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Journal of Cellular Physiology 233(3):2360-2365, 2018.
- Nieddu V, Pinna G, Marchesi I, Sanna L, Asproni B, Pinna GA, Bagella LM, Murineddu G. Synthesis and antineoplastic evaluation of novel unsymmetrical 1,3,4-oxadiazoles. Journal of Medicinal Chemestry. [epub ahed of print]
- Bagella L, Marchesi I. SFK Inhibitors as a New Strategy for RMS Treatment. Chemotherapy: Open Access. 5 (2): 1000189, 2016.
- Marchesi I, Bagella L. Editorial: Targeting Enhancer of Zeste Homolog 2 as a promising strategy for cancer treatment. World Journal of Clinical Oncology, 7(2):135-48, 2016.
- Marchesi I, Giordano A, Bagella L. Roles of enhancer of zeste homolog 2 From skeletal muscle differentiation to rhabdomyosarcoma carcinogenesis. Cell Cycle, 13(4): 516–27, 2014
- Marchesi I, Bagella L. Role of Enhancer of Zeste Homolog 2 Polycomb Protein and Its Significance in Tumor Progression and Cell Differentiation. Chapter 6, Book “Chromatin Remodelling”. InTech; 2013
- D'Urso V, Doneddu V, Marchesi I, Collodoro A, Pirina P, Giordano A, Bagella L. Sputum analysis: non-invasive early lung cancer detection. Journal of Cellular Physiology, 228(5):945-51, 2013
- Marchesi I, Nieddu V, Caracciolo V, Maioli M, Gaspa L, Giordano A, Bagella L. Activation and function of murine Cyclin T2A and Cyclin T2B during skeletal muscle differentiation. Journal of Cellular Biochemestry, 114(3):728-34, 2013
- Fiorentino FP, Marchesi I, Giordano A. On the role of retinoblastoma family proteins in the establishment and maintenance of the epigenetic landscape. Journal of Cellular Physiology, 228(2):276-84, 2013
- Marchesi I, Fiorentino FP, Rizzolio F, Giordano A, Bagella L. The ablation of EZH2 uncovers its crucial role in rhabdomyosarcoma formation. Cell Cycle, 11(20):3828-36, 2012
- Rizzolio F, Lucchetti C, Caligiuri I, Marchesi I, Caputo M, Klein-Szanto AJ, Bagella L, Castronovo M, Giordano A. Retinoblastoma tumor-suppressor protein phosphorylation and inactivation depend on direct interaction with Pin1. Cell Death and Differentiation, 19(7):1152-61, 2012
- Maioli M, Santaniello S, Montella A, Bandiera P, Cantoni S, Cavallini C, Bianchi F, Lionetti V, Rizzolio F, Marchesi I, Bagella L, Ventura C. Hyaluronan esters drive Smad gene expression and signaling enhancing cardiogenesis in mouse embryonic and human mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS One, 5(11):e15151, 2010
- Pau A, Murineddu G, Asproni B, Murruzzu C, Grella GE, Pinna GA, Curzu MM, Marchesi I, Bagella L. Synthesis and cytotoxicity of novel hexahydrothienocycloheptapyridazinone derivatives. Molecules, 14(9):3494-508, 2009
Oral communications and posters
- Marchesi I, Fais M, Bagella L, Fiorentino FP. Bromodomain Inhibition: a Novel Approach for Growth Suppression in Rhabdomyosarcoma Cells. Poster. World Preclinical Congress Europe 2017, Lisbon, 15-17 November 2017.
- Rizzolio F, Lucchetti C, Caligiuri I, Marchesi I, Caputo M, Toffoli G, Szanto A J, Bagella L, Castronovo M, Giordano A. Abstract LB-284: Retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein phosphorylation and inactivation depend on direct interaction with Pin1. Poster. AACR 103rd Annual Meeting, Chicago, 31 March 31‐ 4 April 2012
- Marchesi I, Contini G, Mura EV, Doneddu V, Bagella L. Polycomb protein EZH2 controls Rhabdomyosarcoma formation. Poster. The EMBO meeting 2011, Vienna, 10-13 September 2011
- Marchesi I, Bagella L: Role of cyclin T2 isoforms in the skeletal muscle differentiation. Riunione della Societa’ Italiana di Biologia Sperimentale, Sezione di Sassari, Sassari 16 February 2011
- Rizzolio F, Lucchetti C, Marchesi I, Bagella L, Giordano A. PIN1 controls cell cycle progression through its interaction with pRb protein. Poster. AACR 101st Annual Meeting, Washington, 17‐21 April 2010
- Contini G, Mura EV, Marchesi I, Bagella L: P-TEFb activation during cardiomyogenesis. 20° meeting of Italian Society of Biochemestry and Molecular Biology, branch of Sardegna. Sassari 25 June 2010
- Contini G, Mura EV, Marchesi I, Bagella L: A potential role of positive Transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb) during cardiomyogenesis. 23° meeting “A. Castellani” for PhD students in Biochemestry. Brallo di Pregola 8-11 June 2010
- Marchesi I, Giordano A, Bagella L. Identification of murine Cyclin T2 isoforms and their role in skeletal muscle differentiation. Poster. The EMBO meeting 2009, Amsterdam, 29 August – 1 September 2009
- Maioli M, Asara Y, Pintus A, Gualini S, Marchesi I, Ventura C: Butyric and retinoic mixed ester of hyaluronan induce cardiogenesis in es cells: recruitment of a smad proteins circuitry. 61° Congress of the Italian Society of Anatomy and Histology. Sassari 19-22 September 2007
- Reviewer for grant applications by international organizations in the field of cancer biology (AFM -Telethon, France)