Oral Communications and Posters
- Ph.D. obtained in 2010 in Clinical and Experimental Oncology at the University of Palermo, IT
- Master degree obtained in 2006 in Cellular and Molecular Biology at the University of Palermo, IT, evaluation 110/110 summa cum laude
- Bachelor degree obtained in 2004 in Biological Sciences at the University of Palermo, IT, evaluation 110/110 summa cum laude
- 2017 - Until now Postdoctoral Investigator at the University of Sassari, IT
- 2016 - Until now Founder and Officer at Kitos biotech s.r.l.s.
- 2012 - 2016 Postdoctoral Investigator at the Institute of Predictive and Personalized Medicine of Cancer (IMPPC), Barcelona, ES
- 2011 - 2012 Postdoctoral researcher at the Italian Society for Studies in Reproductive Medicine (SISMeR), Bologna, IT
- 2007 - 2010 Visiting scholarship in cancer biology at College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, US
- 2007 Internship in cancer biology, University of Palermo, IT
- 2005 - 2006 Internship in genetics of micro-organisms, University of Palermo, IT
- 2004 Internship in human genetics at the University of Palermo, IT
- Awarded of "Grant Fellowship 2020" by Fondazione Umberto Veronesi.
- Awarded of "Grant Fellowship 2019" by Fondazione Umberto Veronesi.
- Awarded of "Grant Fellowship 2018" by Fondazione Umberto Veronesi.
- Awarded of "Grant Fellowship 2017" by Fondazione Umberto Veronesi.
- Virdis P, Migheli R, Galleri G, Fancello S, Cadoni MPL, Pintore G, Petretto GL, Marchesi I, Fiorentino FP, di Francesco A, Sanges F, Bagella L, Muroni MR, Fozza C, De Miglio MR, Podda L. Antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects of Inula viscosa extract on Burkitt lymphoma cell line. Tumour Biology 42(2), 2020.
- Jauset T, Massó-Vallés D, Martínez-Martín S, Beaulieu ME, Foradada L, Fiorentino FP, Yokota J, Haendler B, Siegel S, Whitfield JR, Soucek L. BET inhibition is an effective approach against KRAS-driven PDAC and NSCLC. Oncotarget 9(27): 18734-18746, 2018.
- Fiorentino FP, Bagella L, Marchesi I. A New Parameter of Growth Inhibition for Cell Proliferation Assays. Journal of Cellular Physiology, 233(5):4106-41152018, 2018.
- Marchesi I, Sanna L, Fais M, Fiorentino FP, Giordano A, Bagella L. 12-O-Tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate and EZH2 inhibition: a novel approach for promoting myogenic differentiation in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Journal of Cellular Physiology 233(3):2360-2365, 2018.
- Tokgun O, Fiorentino FP, Tokgun PE, Yokota J, Akca H. Design of a Lentiviral Vector for the Inducible Expression of MYC: A New Strategy for Construction Approach. Molecular Biotechnology Jun;59(6):200-206, 2017.
- Kato F, Fiorentino FP, Alibés A, Perucho M, Sánchez-Céspedes M, Kohno T, Yokota J. MYCL is a Target of a BET Bromodomain Inhibitor, JQ1, on Growth Suppression Efficacy in Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells. Oncotarget 2016, 22;7(47):77378-77388.
- Fiorentino FP, Tokgün E, Solé-Sánchez S, Giampaolo S, Tokgün O, Jauset T, Kohno T, Perucho M, Soucek L, Yokota J. Growth suppression by MYC inhibition in small cell lung cancer cells with TP53 and RB1 inactivation. Oncotarget 2016, 7(21):31014-28.
- Fiorentino FP, Marchesi I, Giordano A. On the role of Retinoblastoma proteins in the establishment and maintenance of the epigenetic landscape. Journal of Cellular Physiology 2013, 228(2):276-84
- Marchesi I, Fiorentino FP, Rizzolio F, Giordano A, Bagella L. The ablation of EZH2 uncovers its crucial role in rhabdomyosarcoma formation. Cell Cycle 2012, 11(20):3828-36
- Fiorentino FP, Giordano A. The tumor suppressor role of CTCF. Journal of Cellular Physiology 2012, 227(2):479-92
- Fiorentino FP, Macaluso M, Miranda F, Russo A, Bagella L, Giordano A. CTCF and BORIS Regulate Rb2/p130 Gene Transcription: A Novel Mechanism and a New Paradigm for Understanding the Biology of Lung Cancer. Molecular Cancer Research 2011, 9(2): 225-33
- Perino A, Giovannelli L, Schillaci R, Ruvolo G, Fiorentino FP, Alimondi P, Cefalú E, Ammatuna P. Human papillomavirus infection in couples undergoing in vitro fertilization procedures: impact on reproductive outcomes. Fertility and Sterility 2011, 95(5):1845-8
- Fiorentino FP, Symonds CE, Macaluso M, Giordano A. Senescence and p130/Rbl2: a new beginning to the end. Cell Research 2009, 19(9):1044-1051
- Agnese V, Bazan V, Fiorentino FP, Fanale D, Badalamenti G, Colucci G, Adamo V, Santini D, Russo A. The role of Aurora-A inhibitors in cancer therapy 2007, Annals of oncology Suppl 6:vi47-52.
Oral Communications and Posters
- Marchesi I, Fais M, Bagella L, Fiorentino FP. Bromodomain Inhibition: a Novel Approach for Growth Suppression in Rhabdomyosarcoma Cells. Poster. World Preclinical Congress Europe 2017, Lisbon, 15-17 November 2017.
- Fiorentino FP, Giampaolo S, Tokgun E, Kohno T, Soucek L, Yokota J. Effects of Myc inhibition in MYC/MYCL1/MYCN Amplified Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells. Poster. First IASLC Workshop on Small Cell Lung Cancer. New York, Stati Uniti, 22-24 Aprile 2015
- Fiorentino FP, Giampaolo S, Kohno T, Soucek L, Yokota J. Effectiveness of MYC inhibition in suppressing the growth of small cell lung cancer cells carrying TP53 and RB1 mutations. Poster. 6th Annual IMPPC Conference, Molecular Targets for Predictive and Personalized Medicine of Cancer. Barcellona, Spagna, 08-10 Aprile 2015
- Fiorentino FP, Magli MC, Benasciutti S, Mattioli M, Barboni B, Gioia L, Ferraretti AP, Gianaroli L. Methylation Sensitive Alu PCR: a new method to detect DNA methylation in single human oocytes. Oral Communication. II Congresso FISSR. Riccione, 24-26 Maggio 2012
- Fiorentino FP, Montanari M, Russo A, Giordano A, Macaluso M., 2009. Genetic regulation of the human retinoblastoma-like 2 tumor suppressor gene promoter. Poster. The EMBO Meeting 2009. Amsterdam, Olanda, 29 Agosto - 1 Settembre 2009
- Reviewer for international journals in the field of cancer biology and cell biology (Publon)